The Life: of a proverbs 31 woman in training

6.16.2010


I received a package from Amazon this morning. Odd, I thought; I hadn't ordered anything. I opened it and found a rather detailed National Geographic map and a Panamanian Culture Guide book. An unexpected gift, but it made my day! I laid out the map on the table with my itinerary and traced my trip through the country. If you look at the picture, Pamana City is all the way on the right side of the map, and where we're staying the majority of the trip is all the way on the left - on the border of Costa Rica! It's a 10 hour bus ride! Unfortunately a lot of the specific villages and towns we are going to visit aren't listed on my travel info. But, I'll have a great water-proof map to take with me and check it out as I go. :)
A tidbit from my new book: Panamanian's, regardless of socioeconomic status, are well dressed for every occasion. Men and women work in formal clothing, even on the hottest days. And it is illegal for men to walk the streets of Panama without a shirt.
Hah. I better warn the guys going with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.