The Life: of a proverbs 31 woman in training

4.19.2012

Procrastination


This little Nug turned 1 in November. I started working on a secret project for her birthday about a month prior to that.

My mom generously let me use her sewing machine for this project and even offered a helping hand when the going got tough! Thanks, mom!


My favorite part of sewing Molly's 1 year old dress was truthfully the smocking! Now, my fingers were curled up on themselves at the end, but it wasn't as hard as I anticipated (Maybe I chose easy stitches?).
And it looked so southern and vintage-y when it was finished.

I chose the fabric so it could be worn either in the fall (when I first anticipated giving it to her) or in the spring (when she finally got to wear it).

The dress was mostly done by her birthday, but lacked a few finishing touches (I needed to redo the sleeves because they were too tight for her chubby little arms). I'm not the best at revisiting a project that I have mentally finished and it made it's way to my to do list instead of actually sitting down and finishing it.
In the long run, it turned out great, for my first smocked dress. I hope there are more to come in the future. Maybe it won't take me 5 months to complete it next time.


"Her hands hold the spindle."
(Proverbs 31:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.