The Life: of a proverbs 31 woman in training

7.01.2010

This is crazy!

I´m sitting in a airconditioned classroom full of computers at a school in Alto Caballero. My group came to the school this morning to teach the kindergarteners about hand washing and brushing their teeth. We used a bowl full of water to wash their hands, and it was sooo dirty by the end. They knew plenty about how to do it, but I don´t think they have soap to do it with.
The assistant principal here speaks very good English, so he helped us interpret while we taught. I was the working model for demonstrating how to brush their teeth. I pretending to brush my knee with the toothbrush, and my hair - they laughed and yelled no! And then I pointed to my dientes - and they yelled Si!!!! It was so cute. :)
Sorry for the length of my previous posts. Like I said, I didn´t have time to go back and shorten them... cause a lot of them repeat the same information. Oh, well. It´ll only take a few hours of your time.
Tomorrow we head to David to see the botanical gardens there. And then Saturday we leave for Boqete to do zip-lining, rafting, and sleeping in a hostile. I´m so excited... I never mentioned that part to my parents. :)I´m sure it´s not like that one movie. Haha
Dad, I´m going to try and call you later... but they moved the phone and we don´t know where to. Miss you guys. I feel like I´ve been gone for months.
I´ll Post again next week probably.

1 comment:

  1. Well we may have a baby soon. Lauren is experiencing cramps and she has lost her mucous plug. I hope you have fun this week-end!! Missed hearing from you today I think you could have forgone the week-end fun and blogged to keep us here at home informed. Love ya lots!! Gram

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.