The Life: of a proverbs 31 woman in training

7.19.2010

Home

Yeah, so it feels weird being home.

I thought I was going to feel a physical rush of relief as we landed on US soil... not really. I thought I was going to like being home... nah. I thought I was going to love not having Spanish all around me... not so much.

The first few days were hard for me actually. I just wanted to lay around. I wanted to sleep. I wanted to be alone.

I talked to Katie the next day:
Katie: I feel weird.
Morgan: I know, me too. I feel sort of blah.
Katie: Yeah, it's like I don't want to be around anyone, but I don't want to be alone either.
Morgan: Exactly how I feel.
Katie: Ya know, sometimes we're one in the same. :)

She explained it so well. I was depressed. I think the bottom line is that I grew close to my nursing buddies on the trip. We experienced things together that not everyone will understand or be able to appreciate. We bonded. We talked. We learned about a new culture and submersed ourselves in it. We became community health nurses. We saw the needs of a community and strove to meet them.

So, yeah, I'm glad to be home, but Panama is still on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.