The Life: of a proverbs 31 woman in training

6.24.2010

Oogly Boogly!

I wish I had more time to blog, but I'm sooo tired from the day and I have to be up by 5am. Today was good - it's incredibly hot. We're all dehydrated and downing tons of bottled water.
Today's our last day in the city before we head out to the jungle. The oogly boogly, I like to call it. (The people group's name that lives there sounds kinda like boogly.)
I did take a spill today and cut up my hands and palms. Robert was my rescuer and almost fell himself trying to pull me out of the bushes. It's ok to laugh... it was funny. :)
We're heading into a very povertous area - with lots of healthcare needs. It'll be nice to start doing some nurseish stuff. Pray that no one gets malaria - it runs rampant here.

I doubt internet will be available, since we dont have AC - and the place is powered by generators. So, postings will probably be few. I'll update as soon as I can.

Arriba! Onto the the Oogly Boogly!

3 comments:

  1. I am so enjoying your daily information. I am going to miss it when you head into the Oogly Boogly. Take care of those cuts my little ballerina!!! You have always been so graceful!! Yesterday I took the day off and took MH to Toys R Us - it seems your Aunt Danae has deprived this child and she has never had the opportunity to go so thats is what she got for her B'day. Paw Paw and I both took her and it was a very enjoyable day and I think she had a great time!! I guess I better start my day so will sign off. Love ya lots. Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying it as well. And I don't know who Gram is confusing you with cause you are everything but graceful haha! Mimi enjoyed her birthday very much. She called and sent me texts from Gram's phone almost the whole day. Not to mention, the 5 pictures Gram sent me of her!! She is trying to get Paw-paw to buy a boat, Mimi that is. Anyways, be safe in the Oogly Boogly!! Hope to see you when you return (alive and in one piece). Hopefully your mom wont be getting a divorce..hehehe
    Love you tons!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have just caught up on your blogs- If yiu don't make it in nursing-you can make a living at writing- LOL!! We are on pins and needles - between you being in the jungle and Carlina's arrival- you children make us old before our time!! Love you tons -be safe - we think of u often - Aunt Tammy and Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.