The Life: of a proverbs 31 woman in training

11.13.2010

Fe y arrepentimiento

I stayed up later than anticipated last night. No problem, I'll just sleep in, I thought. Well, there is a problem. See, I had planned on joining Alethia (the church I go to in Tampa) in doing some evagelism at 10:30 this morning. I decided not to set my alarm and to just sleep in instead.

God gave me His own wakeup call at 9:30 and I could NOT get back to sleep for anything.

Ok. I'm going...

I met up with the group and we headed just down the street from USF to a very poor neighborhood. And guess what?!?! They were spanish speakers! :D Ever since being in Panama this summer, God has laid spanish speakers on my heart. What a cool opportunity to minister to people with food (meeting immediate needs), but also with the gospel (meeting their eternal need for a savior).

Miguel prayed to receive Christ. Alfonzo heard the gospel. Grober (a fellow believer) was encouraged. And children were fed.

Don't ask me why I love Spanish so much, but I'm thankful God used my love for the language to minister to people today.

Thanks for the wakeup call, Lord. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.